9 x ECP EcoCooler Units Evaporative Cooling Systems running at 10% of the operating costs of refrigeration
Based in Melksham’s Bowerhill, leading global manufacturer of office furniture, Herman Miller is a superb example of how innovation within energy efficient technologies can not only improve the working environment, but save costs from a company’s bottom line.
Heating, ventilation and cooling play a crucial role in the working environment for most buildings and especially within a manufacturing facility. Corsham-based energy reduction specialist SMARTech energy, were brought on board to design an energy efficient cooling system at the 170,000 square foot site, known as PortalMill, with the aim to not only improve the working environment for its staff, but to deliver energy savings to the company.
- Design, supply and install an energy efficient cooling system
- 170,000 square ft site
- Improve working environment for staff
- Deliver energy savings to the company
With considerable experience of designing and installing energy efficient cooling solutions, SMARTech energy specified:
- 9 x ECP EcoCooler Units Evaporative Cooling Systems
- Enabling control of the air temperature and humidity levels in the assembly and manufacturing machine areas
- The external units are roof mounted so require no floor or external space for installation
- All work can be carried out during business hours and does not require any downtime
- The cooling solution will improve the working environment for its staff and deliver energy savings to the company
- Acting as a recirculation system for winter and a ventilator or evaporative cooling system for the summer
- Even on the very hottest summer days the EcoCoolers will supply fresh air cooling at temperatures below 23C at typically less than 10% of the operating costs of refrigeration
- Evaporative cooling is a completely natural way of producing refreshing cool air and only runs at 10% of the running cost of air conditioning
- The costs to cool and maintain a system over this area is expected to run at £3.15 per hour for supply and extraction
Martin Waller Head of Engineering & Quality – EMEA at Herman Miller commented: “The major benefit of this new ventilation is the improvement in the working environment for the operations team, due to the zonal control of ventilation and cooling. In addition, there will be a reduction in electricity consumption”.
Our case study on SMARTech Cooling’s work with Herman Miller tells the story of how we helped reduce their energy consumption. If you would like to reduce energy waste, boost profits and cut carbon emissions then contact SMARTech Heating today.
Call our team on 01225 635 660 for more information on this case study and how we can help your business or organisation.
The term ‘SMARTech energy’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is: Unit 10d, Leafield Industrial Estate, Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13 9SW. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Let SMARTech Heating & Cooling define and design the right solution for you