9 x ECP EcoCooler Units Evaporative Cooling Systems running at 10% of the operating costs of refrigeration
Based in Melksham’s Bowerhill, leading global manufacturer of office furniture, Herman Miller is a superb example of how innovation within energy efficient technologies can not only improve the working environment, but save costs from a company’s bottom line.
Heating, ventilation and cooling play a crucial role in the working environment for most buildings and especially within a manufacturing facility. Corsham-based energy reduction specialist SMARTech energy, were brought on board to design an energy efficient cooling system at the 170,000 square foot site, known as PortalMill, with the aim to not only improve the working environment for its staff, but to deliver energy savings to the company.
- Design, supply and install an energy efficient cooling system
- 170,000 square ft site
- Improve working environment for staff
- Deliver energy savings to the company
With considerable experience of designing and installing energy efficient cooling solutions, SMARTech energy specified:
- 9 x ECP EcoCooler Units Evaporative Cooling Systems
- Enabling control of the air temperature and humidity levels in the assembly and manufacturing machine areas
- The external units are roof mounted so require no floor or external space for installation
- All work can be carried out during business hours and does not require any downtime
- The cooling solution will improve the working environment for its staff and deliver energy savings to the company
- Acting as a recirculation system for winter and a ventilator or evaporative cooling system for the summer
- Even on the very hottest summer days the EcoCoolers will supply fresh air cooling at temperatures below 23C at typically less than 10% of the operating costs of refrigeration
- Evaporative cooling is a completely natural way of producing refreshing cool air and only runs at 10% of the running cost of air conditioning
- The costs to cool and maintain a system over this area is expected to run at £3.15 per hour for supply and extraction
Martin Waller Head of Engineering & Quality – EMEA at Herman Miller commented: “The major benefit of this new ventilation is the improvement in the working environment for the operations team, due to the zonal control of ventilation and cooling. In addition, there will be a reduction in electricity consumption”.
Our case study on SMARTech Cooling’s work with Herman Miller tells the story of how we helped reduce their energy consumption. If you would like to reduce energy waste, boost profits and cut carbon emissions then contact SMARTech Heating today.