Pharmaceutical Evaporative Cooling
Evaporative cooling can if correctly specified, ensure full compliance
Cooling your factory or warehouse
The majority of pharmaceutical products fall into a category which states ‘do not store above 25°C’, ensuring that pharmaceutical products are kept at a precise temperature is essential during the design phase.
- The majority of pharmaceutical products fall into a category which states ‘do not store above 25°C’, ensuring that pharmaceutical products are kept at a precise temperature is essential during EcoCoolings design phase.
- Pharmaceutical Cooling Wholesalers are licensed by the MHRA – the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- The MHRA audit licensed warehouses who must demonstrate compliance
- Temperature compliance is set by two criteria:
- Mean Kinetic Temperature over a 7 day period must not exceed 25°C
- Absolute maximum temperature shall never exceed 30°C
- Mean Kinetic temperature is a logarithmic calculation which provides a weighted average using the Arrhenius equation
- Most pharmaceutical warehouses use ventilation to keep products cool as refrigeration is prohibitively expensive
- Ventilation cannot maintain compliance with MHRA criteria during prolonged periods of high temperature
- Evaporative cooling can if correctly specified, ensure full compliance
Typical Installation Scheme
The below installation scheme incorporates cooling, heating and destratification. The system includes hot air recirculation which means that a consistent supply temperature can be achieved all year round. The ECP range of coolers are also available in side and top discharge models to allow for variances in installation techniques (i.e. if they cannot be placed on the roof). For more details on possible installation techniques please contact SMARTech Heating & Cooling directly.
The systems use Electrically Commutated (EC) fans which are the most efficient available. Further efficiency is gained by speed control. Operating the evaporative cooling system at half speed reduces the fan energy use by over 85%.
The evaporative cooler maintains hygienic operation and fully complies with all legionella control regulations by applying the following principles:
- Avoidance of droplets
- Low water operating temperature
- Avoidance of stagnant water
- Avoidance of corrosion and scaling
- Regular maintenance
The system is controlled using slave PLCs and a central HMI touch screen for fully automatic control of heating and cooling in single spaces or zoned warehouses. The latest control systems can include network communications, data and event logging, secure remote access, optional email notifications and online MKT graphical analysis.
Due to the large floor space within most warehouses and factories, the financial and energy savings can be astounding.
We’ve built a strong reputation through the delivery of excellent service and results
The Annual Investment Allowance is a way to claim tax relief on assets such as the Blades Low Carbon Boiler
Talk to us to see how we could help you save money
Contact us to book your free energy consultation
Download our latest customer Case Studies
Download our latest customer product brochures
We would be delighted to discuss how we can be of assistance.
If you have a question or would like more information then please complete this form and we will be in contact.